Ask a Question
Can coils be re-used?
by Vaperstreasure on August 15, 2017
Answers and Comments
Chris Bonnevie Ii Posted on March 18, 2018
You can clean them and use them again.
Soak the coil to be reused in alcohol (high-proof grain alcohol like Everclear is ideal, but 90% isopropyl will do) for roughly 3-5 hours. This is to ensure any gunk built up in the coil is loosened and removed.
After this, rinse the coil in running water for a solid 3-5 minutes, as hot as you can comfortably stand. This is to ensure you're rinsing out ALL of the alcohol (since you can't very well vape that).
Then, let it air dry for a good 20-24 hours to ensure it completely dries. I sometimes put mine atop my computer case's outward fan to help speed things up and ensure a full dry.
After this, your coil should be ready to use again.
Do bear in mind that this only really works once, and the flavor will only be roughly 80% of what it was when the coil was new. If you've burned the coil at all, it's no good and this won't save it.
- 05/27/2018 How to sell
- 05/27/2018 How do i sell my mod
- 05/16/2018 Sell used equipment
- 09/06/2017 How to know if the ejuice went bad?
- 08/28/2017 How to check batteries if they still usable?
- 08/15/2017 How can i store my ejuice?
- 08/15/2017 Is it ok to travel with vaping devices and tanks?
- 08/15/2017 Why there is no vaping lounges at airports?
- 08/15/2017 What is salt nicotine?
- 08/15/2017 What are pod systems?